ITACA Stream is ProServicetech’s answer to late in-stream inoculation equipment. Suitable for both new installations and to replace existing inoculators. As part of ITACA Family, it is integratable with Itaca Vision and Itaca X.
Some of the main Benefits and Features
- Minimizing inoculant wastage
- Controlling of the inoculant dosing stream into the iron flow
- Exceptional reliability with minimized maintenance and down-time
- Dynamic dosing of the inoculant with regards to the nucleation level of the iron in the pouring furnace
- Single or dual configuration with single or dual inoculant feed hoppers.
- Inoculant flow integrated with the pouring flow control
ITACA STREAM and ITACA STREAM DUAL
ITACA Stream Dual has been developed for those foundries with specific inoculation requirements. In addition to all the features of the single unit, the Dual version is equipped with two independent dosing units, connected to two independent removable hoppers. The quick change over between first and second dosing units (between moulds) circumvents having to stop the pouring line when the foundry changes from one product to the next, that requires a different inoculant.
ITACA Stream is engineered thinking for a unique dosage application
It can use two different feed screws:
1- from 0,5 g/s to 30 g/s
2- from 12 g/s to 82 g/s
The 2nd can also be used for a lower flowrate, by using a light pulsation effect, it can dose from 10g/s to 14g/s which becomes more pulsated below 10g/s.
If the customer requires an extremely wide range of dosing flowrates (i.e. from 1g/s to 80g/s) the solution is ITACA Stream Dual, with two feed screws (type 1 and 2). The type 1 will work for the casting with a low flowrate, the type 2 for a higher flowrate.
If the application is within the working range of type 2 screw, there are two possibilities:
– ITACA Stream: Single feed screw, with pipe rotation motor. No redundancy in case of issues on the screw.
– ITACA Stream Dual: Two feed screws, with pipe rotation motor. Redundancy: in case one feed screw is blocked, the 2nd screw starts. It is difficult to break a feed screw mechanism because it is fitted with torque control that automatically stops the motor when the torque goes over a specified value
PIPE ROTATION: THE ONLY “SNIPER” IN THE MARKET
Almost nobody realises the importance of the misalignment between iron and inoculant flows and the effects thereof on casting defects and inoculant waste. Even if detected (by operator looking at the iron flow), it’s a mystery how they can be expected to correctly align the pipe (usually with a hammer) with the required accuracy.
ITACA Stream completely negates this crucial necessity. It is equipped with a dedicated pipe rotating stepper motor.
The movement can be performed manually by the operator (by pushing a button) or in automatically, via the connection with ITACA Vision. It consistently keeps the iron and inoculant flows perfectly aligned, with small automated adjustments from one pour to the next.
PROSERVICE DYNAMIC INOCULATION
ITACA Stream can be installed as a stand-alone unit, ensuring important advantages compared to traditional machines as described above, but it’s peak performance is obtained when it is integrated with ITACA Vision and ITACA X.
When ITACA Stream and ITACA Vision work together, any inaccuracy related to the misalignment instantly disappears. The inoculant feed pipe will always be perfectly centred with the iron flow.
When ITACA Stream is connected with ITACA X, it dynamically takes control of dosing the correct amount of inoculant as a function of the real nucleative status of the molten iron and within the acceptability ranges established for the particular casting actually in production.
DYNAMIC CONTROL OF THE INOCULANT DISPERSION PATTEN ACCORDING TO FLOW RATE (OPTIONAL)
ITACA Stream adjusts the air pressure in the shot “gun” in relation to the flowrate and the inoculant type, (grain roundness, granulometric distribution, specific weight) in order to consistently ensure a constant dispersion pattern.
Without this control, lowering the inoculation flowrate but keeping the air pressure constant, (very few foundries manually adjust it) the dispersion pattern will be wider and this happens to all traditional inoculation devices in the market.
With dynamic air pressure control: ITACA Stream automatically adjusts the air pressure, according to the flowrate in use.
This solution permits a constant and reliable inoculation and it is possible to monitor the geometry of the
- The dosing unit is removable without tools in less than 60 seconds to minimize down-time and loss of production;
- An automated cooling system with continuous monitoring and controlling of the internal temperature of ITACA Stream unit;
- A pneumatic system to control the main connecting valve between the hopper and the dosing system: it is important to avoid loss of inoculant during the tilting of the pouring unit while changing inoculant types with “Quick Inoculant Switch”;
- Unaffected by electromagnetic noise;
- Removable hoppers available in two sizes, 22 lt or 50 lt (only for ITACA Stream single system).
PROSERVICETECH DYNAMIC INOCULATION
ITACA Stream can be installed as a stand-alone unit, ensuring important advantages compared to a traditional in-stream machine, but the best performances are reached when it is connected to ITACA Vision and ITACA X. Check out here our solution for full Dynamic Inoculation, click here!